Thursday, June 16, 2005

the kids are baking

Look at this, Alida and Alexander are working hard in the kitchen. Alexander is making amerikaners (German yummy cookie things)
and Alida is making oatmeal (yes, the old fashion kind on the stove, remember we're in Germany and they don't have instant). You may be asking yourself what I'm doing, well, I'm sewing, can't you hear the rattle of my machine in the background? Yeah right, I'm taking pictures because I don't want to get my hands dirty. Hehe

Here are pictures of our amerikaners, those yummy German cookie things, and if you would like the recipe leave me a comment and I'll post it, I'm just fishing for comments you see.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh - those look delicious... My girls would like to make those too! Please post the recipe! Hi from a mom of three girls in Chelsea, Quebec, Canada...
Cheers,
Kim

6/16/2005 03:40:00 PM  
Blogger ShelbyD said...

Very cute photos!

6/17/2005 12:57:00 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Those do look delicious! And very similar to a cookie we used to buy at the bakery when my son and I lived in England! Please post the recipe! Or should I say bitter!!!

6/17/2005 09:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kids are so cute! I love giving my daughter a chance to help out in the kitchen. I'd love the recipe for those cookies. Baking to pay tribute to our host country sounds like fun!

6/17/2005 09:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home