Sunday, June 05, 2005

my playground project

I realized last week sitting at the playground watching the kids play that I didn't have anything to do with my hands. How could I sit there so idle?? It made me crazy, well, ok I did dig up a bit of sand and pushed Alida on the swing but the majority of the time I sat on the bench enjoying the harmony when all I could think of was, why am I not knitting right now?? I can't bring my lace smoke ring because I would have too many interruptions to be able work on it. I've been character free for the last few inches and I really want to keep it that way.

The only solution to this problem is to have a "playground project". This would mean being at the playground with my kids and knitting for me, could life be any better? So I went to one of my favorite sites Knitty.com and found an easy no-thinker headband pattern which would look great this winter in my dark pink. I bought some great merino washable wool which I've used for the kids' sweaters and I'm ready for the games to begin. I need another project like a hole in the head but I just can't stop. I'm also contemplating this great scarf from Loop D Loop in matching yarn. Wouldn't that be pretty in my dark pink with maybe two stripes of light pink down the middle? I think I'm going to try to make up the pattern myself. Another reason to head to the yarn shop next week.

Pip, our boy ragdoll cat just loves posing with yarn, can't you tell? He is just sooo cool. That flash sure is bright, where are those sun glasses when you need them?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Playground projects are essential. When my daughter was little I favored simple socks as a carry along -- no purling (except on the heel flap), little shaping, and very portable.

Pip looks like he's channeling Crazy Aunt Purl's companions. Watch out, he may be harboring plans!

6/07/2005 03:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home