Sunday, June 12, 2005

flared lace smoke ring is finished


So, here it is my first lace project but by no means my last. I really like knitting lace, it's so much fun. I love how this came out it feels so soft and different than anything I've knit before. I still haven't blocked it because I'm not at all the blocking expert, well let's just say I've never really blocked anything before. Please don't tell anyone, I don't need the knitting police closing down my blog. I will reform and change my non-blocking ways.... tomorrow.
Anyway, it's done and I can even get it over my head.
Look at how long this thing is! I thought it would be too big but it feels great on and because it's so loose and light it doesn't bother your neck. Mom, yours is done, now I have to get working on my pink. I can't wait!!
I was kind of having fun taking picture, who knows when my next knitting project will be done so just humor me a bit.


I thought you might just want to see it from all views. Oh how I love a digital camera. How about the wool scarf and the tank top? Great match you say, well that just about describes how the weather is here; it's summer but it's freezing cold!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The smoke ring is absolutely beautiful. A very impressive first lace project. You should be proud!

6/13/2005 03:09:00 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I'm a huge fan...can't wait to see the pink one!

6/14/2005 08:43:00 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

It looks just beautiful--lovely lace pattern!

6/15/2005 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Hello from another American in Germany! Found you through the lace knitalong. I love how you're smoke ring turned out-it's gone on my wish list.

6/18/2005 07:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home