Thursday, June 09, 2005

five bags are done




So here they are, the first five bags are finished. I played around with the size and I think the bigger ones with the long handles are just perfect. I used exactly 1/2 meter of each fabric to get two bags with a small scrap left over. I think if I have time before August when I fly to the States to visit my parents I'm going to try to make wristlets or change purses to match. Don't tell them but the bags are for my mom, sister and two sisters-in-law. That's why I'm working so hard to get them done. The blue/yellow and pink material has been ironed and is waiting to be quilted.

The grey smoke ring is also for my mom and I'm 13 inches along with 5 to go. I see an end nearing! I can't wait to start my smoke ring in that gorgeous peppermint. Oh how I love pink. My headband is still warming up my knitting bag waiting for sunny weather so we can head to the playground, the weather has been jumping back and forth from summer to fall and we haven't seen the sun in a week which means no playground bench knitting for me.

Notice the purple vanilla plant in the first picture, if only blogs had noses! Yum, yum it smells as good as the plant lady promised.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those bags are fabulous! I'm sure your family will appreciate them as gifts. Wonderful job!

6/12/2005 12:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home